Tuesday 19 February 2013

Collagraph Houses

Below are some collagraphs that I've been testing today, some are a little too inky so they have come out  bit splodgy. I've been incorporating photos into the prints and I feel its kind of getting there, I like how you can see the raw material coming through and all the imperfections.  I feel the most successful part of these prints are the textures, I think I can develop these textures and combine it with other pieces of work to add another dimension. 

The row of houses was inspired by a story I am illustrating; the old woman who lived in a vinegar bottle, its was to compliment the story when the old woman lived in a row of houses, I wanted to show a sense of community and I came up with the idea of a long 6 seated bike (which hasn't printed that clearly) which is central of the image, I was also thinking about including maybe a post box/ telephone box/ red bus as they all signify this. 




Collagraph in brown ink and chine colle of photographs of windows and doors

Collagraph in brown ink and chine colle with green tissue paper and photographs

 Collagraph in brown ink and photographs 


Collagraph and chine colle


This is a photoshopped image, I took a photograph of my print and then added the doors on photoshop

This is a photoshopped image, I took a photograph of my print and then added the doors on photoshop




No comments:

Post a Comment