Friday 16 November 2012

Lincoln Doors

This is my A1 three coloured screen print. This print was technically difficult with the long thin physically of it, I found it difficult to get the pressure accurate. However I'm pleased with the overall look of the print and the text and imagery work well together especially in a long line.
 
The imagery I’ve used is the subject of Victorian doors; I wanted to illustrate these fantastic and unique doors to portray a personality. All these doors are drawn from existing doors round the Uphill area of Lincoln. I love the Victoria architecture and wanted to celebrate and embrace that with this piece.

These are the photos I've taken in the print room, I will scan in one of prints so you can see the detail better.
 
Thanks for looking.

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment