Tuesday 7 May 2013

Work in progress

Hi Everyone!

I've been quite quiet recently as I've been really busy with my own research for my masters project; however thought I'd share what I'd currently doing at the moment.

At the moment my work is an exploration of a journey; I walk to places I am unfamiliar with and become absorbed by my surroundings by drawing, photographing and recording the environment that I inhabit, this has been influenced by the theories of psychogeography and phenomenology.

Through depicting a location I hope to engage with all the senses and express this through my work- sight, sound, touch, smell and taste. I have also found that the objects I encounter on my walks provoke memories and create new ideas for me.

I have become interested in mapping the environments I engage with and illustrating my own journeys with the surreal/ quirky evocative objects I have encountered.

Below are a few character's I've been working on, these will be screen printed and places in a map along side other weird and wonderful objects I encountered on my walks.
The characters still need a little refinement, but thought I'd give you a sneak peek anyway.

The characters are only black and white as they are going to be screen printed, I thinking of a large four colour print for this work/

More updates of sketchbook work and work in progress to come,
Thanks for looking


No comments:

Post a Comment